Sunday 23 March 2014

Adding a cabin temperature guage into a Discovery 300TDI

How to install a temperature gauge into you Discovery


Now I have re-fitted my roof lining I wanted to add a temperature gauge into the cabin, for no other reason than to tell how hot it is when I.m out and about.

I purchased from ebay a small battery digital car thermometer, the type which needs to be installed into a panel.  I had a spare place in the roof just behind the interior light, I believe this is normally where an electric sunroof control goes, mine does not have one so I thought that would be the best place to put it.

So I popped out the panel and drew around the gauge to work out where I needed to cut a hole, then with a small drill I roughly cut out the hole.

Cutting a hole in a plastic panel

I then used a sharp knife to cut the section out and tidy the edges until the temperature gauge fitted, they clip in so the cut needs to be quite accurate.



Hole cut and guage inserted

I then popped the temperature sensor behind the panel and just in the cabin where you can 't see it and pushed the panel I had taken out back into my land rover, bingo...







I can see the internal temprature...  Go me!

No comments:

Post a Comment